Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Overnight bag | Vintage Suitcase

During soccer season, we sometimes get an overnight  stay out of town.  It's a fun little get away.  Living in Idaho, though, spring soccer weather can be unpredictable.  Packing includes sunscreen, a hat, sandals,  as well has a coat, hat, and gloves.  Sure, I probably could fit it all into an overnight duffel bag.
But where's the fun in that?

"Yes, dear.  This is my over night bag."



I like to carry a vintage suitcase.   I find this makes me smile.  
This classic blue gal is a recent find.  I really love blues, so I was pretty pleased when I saw the interior was nice enough to be used for travel.
I've used this gal before for traveling too.



Have you ever used a vintage suitcase?  Once packed, they are rather heavy.  A word to the wise, double check that those latches work well enough.  You don't want to find yourself unable to get to your pj's and toothbrush once you arrive at your destination.  No, that didn't happen on this trip, but for a moment I was afraid one of the latches wasn't going to stay closed!  PJ's flying out the back of the truck wouldn't be so fabulous ; )!
The handbag is a Dooney & Burke;  I love the classic feel it has to it.  And I love that I scored it at a thrift shop a few years back!

Long. Live. Vintage.
-Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment